Main Article Content
Cell development, oxidative damage, persimmon leaf, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, SDS-PAGE
In this study, 4 groups were formed. Groups; (i) Control group; (ii) Persimmon Leaf Group (10%); (iii) Chromium (K2Cr2O7) Group (10 mM); (iv) Persimmon Leaf (10%) + Chromium (K2Cr2O7) (10 mM) Group. Saccharomyces cerevisiae (S. cerevisiae) cultures were grown at 30 °C for 1 hour, 3 hours, 5 hours and 24 hours. Cell growth, lipid peroxidation, MDA (malondialdehyde) analyzes, glutathione (GSH) levels and catalase activities were determined by spectrophotometer. Total protein changes were detected by SDS-PAGE electrophoresis and calculated by the Bradford method. According to the results obtained; cell growth (1, 3, 5 and 24 hours), total protein synthesis (24 hours), GSH levels (24 hours) and catalase activities (24 hours) in the Persimmon Leaf + Chromium group compared to the Chromium group while increasing, MDA level (24 hours) decreased. These results show that persimmon leaf reduces oxidative damage, enhances cell growth and it has a protective effect to promote protein synthesis in S. cerevisiae culture
2. Kaya Y. Researches on flower biologies ın some persimmon varieties. Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart Univ Çanakkale Turkey 2020.
3. Yeşilkanat N. Utilization of Persimmon (Diospyros kaki) in gluten free cakes as a sugar Replacer. Manisa Celal Bayar Univ Manisa Turkey.
4. Sun L, Zhang J, Lu X, Zhang L, Zhang Y. Evaluation to the antioxidant activity of total flavonoids extract from persimmon (Diospyros kaki L.) leaves. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011; 49(10): 2689-2696.
5. Xie C, Xie Z, Xu X, Yang D. Persimmon (Diospyros kaki L.) leaves: a review on traditional uses, phytochemistry and pharmacological properties. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015; 163: 229-240.
6. Hossain A, Moon HK, Kim JK. Antioxidant properties of Korean major persimmon (Diospyros kaki) leaves. Food Sci Biotechnol. 2018; 27(1): 177-184.
7. Aslan A, Gok O, Erman O. The protective effect of kiwi fruit extract against to chromium effect on protein expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Prog Nutr. 2017; 19 (4): 472-476.
8. Aslan A, Gok O, Beyaz S. Protective effect of grape seed extract against hydrogen peroxide damage created in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Igdır Univ J Inst Sci Tech. 2019a; 9(4): 2216-2224.
9. Laemmli U.K. 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature, 227: 680-685.
10. Aslan A, Gok O, Erman O, Kuloglu T. Ellagic acid impedes carbontetrachloride-induced liver damage in rats through suppression of NF-kB, Bcl-2 and regulating Nrf-2 and caspase pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018; 105: 662-669.
11. Merkit C. Investigation of the effect of β-carotene on nitric oxide and malondialdehyde levels in rabbits given diethylnitrosamine. Kafkas Univ Turkey Kars 2018.
12. Erol C. Examination of the activities of serum malondialdehyde acid, superoxide dismutase, catalase, reduced glutation and glutation peroxidase in acute romatic fevered patients. Van Yüzüncü Yıl Univ Van Turkey 2020.
13. Aslan A, Gok O, Beyaz S, Ağca CA, Erman O, Zerek A. Ellagic acid prevents kidney injury and oxidative damage via regulation of Nrf-2/NF-κB signaling in carbon tetrachloride induced rats. Mol Rep. 2020a; 47(10): 7959-7970.
14. Choi MS, Jeong MJ, Park YB, Kim SR, Jung UJ. The leaf of Diospyros kaki Thumb ameliorates renal oxidative damage in mice with type 2 diabetes. Prev Nutr Food Sci. 2016; 21(4): 378.
15. Ko H, Huh G, Jung SH, Kwon H, Jeon Y, Park YN, Kim YJ. Diospyros kaki leaves inhibit HGF/Met signaling-mediated EMT and stemness features in hepatocellular carcinoma. Food Chem Toxicol. 2020; 142: 111475.
16. Aslan A, Beyaz S, Gok O. The protective effect of tomato extract against to chromium-induced damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Univ J Sci Tech. 2019b; 12(2): 1048-1055.
17. Aslan A, Can MI, Boydak D. Anti-oxidant effects of pomegranate juice on Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell growth. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2014; 11 (4): 14-18.
18. Beyaz S, Dalkılıç LK, Gök Ö, Aslan A. Effect of Black Mulberry (Morus nigra L.) and Cranberry (Cornus mas L.) on some molecular biological and biochemical parameters against oxidative damage caused by hydrogen peroxide in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. BEU Journal of Science. 2020; 9(3): 1134-1144.
19. Kim M J, Park HR, Shin TY, Kim SH. Diospyros kaki calyx inhibits immediate-type hypersensitivity via the reduction of mast cell activation. Pharm Biol. 2017; 55(1):1946-1953.
20. Liu B, Miao J, Peng M, Liu T. Miao M. Effect of 3: 7 ratio of astragalus total saponins and curcumin on the diabetic nephropathy rats model. Saudi J Biol Sci. 2019; 26 (1): 188-194.
21. Aslan A. Cell culture developing and the imaging of total protein product changing with SDS-PAGE in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Prog Nutr. 2018; 20 (1): 128-132.
22. Kim HS, Suh JS, Jang YK, Ahn SH, Raja G, Kim JC. et al. Anti-cancer potential of persimmon (Diospyros kaki) leaves via the PDGFR-Rac-JNK pathway. Sci Rep. 2020; 10(1): 1-13.
23. Aslan A, Beyaz S, Gok O, Can MI, Erman F, Erman O. The impact of ellagic acid on some apoptotic gene expressions: a new perspective for the regulation of pancreatic Nrf-2/NF-κB and Akt/VEGF signaling in CCl4-induced pancreas damage in rats. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2020b; in press.
24. Matsumoto K, Yokoyama SI, Gato N. Bile acid‐binding activity of young persimmon (Diospyros kaki) fruit and its hypolipidemic effect in mice. Phytotherapy Research: An International Journal Devoted to Pharmacological and Toxicological Evaluation of Natural Product Derivatives. 2010; 24(2): 205-210.
25. Aslan A, Hussein YT, Gok O, Beyaz S, Erman O, Baspinar S. Ellagic acid ameliorates lung damage in rats via modulating antioxidant activities, inhibitory effects on inflammatory mediators and apoptosis-inducing activities. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2020c; 27: 7526–7537.
26. Aslan A, Beyaz S, Gok O, Erman O. The effect of ellagic acid on caspase-3/bcl-2/Nrf-2/NF-kB/TNF-α /COX-2 gene expression product apoptosis pathway: a new approach for muscle damage therapy. Mol Biol Rep. 2020d; 47:2573–2582.
27. Zhou B, Li Q, Wang J, Chen P, Jiang S. Ellagic acid attenuates streptozocin induced diabetic nephropathy via the regulation of oxidative stress and inflammatory signaling. Food Chem Toxicol. 2019; 123: 16–27.
28. Miao M, Zhang X, Bai M, Wang L. Persimmon leaf flavonoid promotes brain ischemic tolerance. Neural Regen Res. 2013; 8(28): 2625.
29. Kalra P, Karwasra R, Gupta YK, Ray SB, Singh S. Terminalia chebula supplementation attenuates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in Wistar rats through modulation of apoptotic pathway. Nat Prod Res. 2017; 1-6.
30. Babele PK, Thakre PK, Kumawat R, Tomar RS. Zinc oxide nanoparticles induce toxicity by affecting cell wall integrity pathway, mitochondrial function and lipid homeostasis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Chemosphere. 2018; 213: 65-75.
31. Aslan A, Gok O, Beyaz S, Arslan E, Erman O, Ağca CA. The preventive effect of ellagic acid on brain damage in rats via regulating of Nrf‐2, NF‐kB and apoptotic pathway. J Food Biochem. 2020e; 44(6): e13217.
32. Vázquez J, González B, Sempere V, Mas A, Torija MJ, Beltran G. Melatonin reduces oxidative stress damage induced by hydrogen peroxide in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Front Microbiol. 2017; 8: 1066.
33. Guan Y, Cui ZJ, Sun B, Han LP, Li CJ, Chen LM. Celastrol attenuates oxidative stress in the skeletal muscle of diabetic rats by regulating the AMPK-PGC1α-SIRT3 signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2016; 37 (5): 1229-1238.
34. Ozsahin AD, Guvenc M, Yilmaz O, Aslan A, Tuzcu M. The effects of different sugar sources on fatty acid biosynthesis in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell culture. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. 2010; 8(3): 424-429.
35. Aslan A, Can M.I., Kuloglu T, Baspinar S. Milk thistle may induce apoptosis in development of carbontetrachlorideinduced liver DNA damage in rats. Prog Nutr. 2016a; 18:146-151.
36. Aslan A, Boydak D, Can M.I, Kuloglu T., Baspinar S. Black cumin may be a potential drug for development of carbontetrachloride-induced lung damage in rats. Prog Nutr. 2016b; 18:56-62.
37. Aslan A. The effects of different essential fruit juice and their combination on Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell growth. Prog Nutr. 2015; 17: 36-40.