Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- PLEASE BE SURE THAT THE METADATA ONLINE ARE CORRECT (WHEN YOU FILL IN THE FORM OF SUBMISSION THE ARTICLE). REQUESTS FOR ADDITION/DELETE/CHANGE OF AUTHORS OR AFFILIATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THE ISSUE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
DOI ACTIVATION - PLEASE, PAY ATTENTION! BE SURE TO ADD ALL THE AFFILIATIONS OF ALL THE AUTHORS, INCLUDING THE AFFILIATION OF THE AUTHOR WHO SUBMIT THE ARTICLE. DOI WILL NOT BE REGISTERED BY THE PLUGIN IF EVEN JUST ONE AFFILIATION IS MISSED. PLEASE, BE SURE TO FILL IN CAREFULLY ALL THE METADATA OF THE ARTICLE. FOR AUTHOR SUBMITTING THE ARTICLE, PLEASE, BE SURE IN YOUR PROFILE IS PRESENT THE AFFILIATION AND IF NOT, PLEASE UPDATE IT OR DON'T FORGET TO ADD THE AFFILIATION IN THE SUBMISSION PROCEED OF THE ARTICLE.
. The affiliation is requested by mEDRA to assign automatically the DOI in the article and without affiliations (for all the authors) in metadata, mEDRA will not assign the DOI
Papers have not already been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Papers must follow the instruction to Authors in Author Guidelines
The submission form must contain the full names of ALL authors, using the button "ADD CONTRIBUTORS" with capital letters only for the first letter of authors’ names. If the submission has missed the co-authors name, it is not possible to add them later and THE SUBMISSION MUST BE REPEATED.
Please, be sure to add ALL the affiliations of ALL the Authors of the article because otherwise they they will not appear online. Please, be sure to fill in carefully all the metadata of the article.
Make sure that no author information is present in the manuscript file, since we are using double-blind peer review.
Please, you should upload 2 files: "the title page" file and the manuscript file. The "title page" file must contain title, author information, abstract and key-words; this file will not be included in the review process.
- Please, mark in red the Family name of the authors in the Title page file
Article Processing Charges (APC): 500 Euro.
The fee is due for all the articles submitted. Please, if you don't want to pay the fee, don't submit the article, and if you have already submitted, please, you should withdraw it. Regardless of the terms of acceptance or rejection of the articles, our journal demands a publication fee. This fee is collected from the authors as Article Processing Charge. This service includes preparing the article, sending it to the reviewers, article production and hosting, direct relation with indexing (Web of Science) services and customer services (DOI). The APC should be paid after the acceptation of the article and before the publication. The new policy doesn't provide any waives or discounts. The discount/waiver requests will not be answered. All authors will be informed about Article Processing Charge via e-mail.
Price List for Article Processing:
- Article Processing and review charge (APC): 500 Euro
-Fast processing+review+evaluation for the next available issue: 1000 euro
The fee can be paid by paypal/credit card at APC form-Progress in Nutrition
The Fast processing+review+evaluation can be paid by paypal/credit card at Fast processing + APC-Progress in Nutrition
For other payment method: Bank transfer (enclosed copy) made out to:
Mattioli 1885 srl Strada di Lodesana 649/sx, Loc. Vaio, 43036 Fidenza (PR) -
Bank: Cariparma, Credit Agricole – Agenzia di Fidenza 3;
IBAN code: IT 39 S 06230 65732 000094186751 – Bic Code: CRPPIT2P487
Please, download the APC form to fill out at APC form and re-send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: email@example.com
Please, report in the transaction object the ID of the article and send copy (scan) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
As soon as we receive the payment we will send you the number of the issue in which your article will be published and the DOI number of the article. We will also activate the plugin “Online first” and so you will be able to see your articles already online before the publication at the end of the website homepage in the “Online first” section.
- Authors should suggest, in the "Comments for the Editor", at least 2 full names (with their email address and affiliation) of potential Reviewers. The suggested Reviewers must have no conflict of interest with the proposal research. Please, specify the first name and the last name.
- The manuscript text file should include tables and tables and figure legends. Figures and Appendices with supplementary material should be uploaded separately. Figures prepared in jpeg/tiff format (or high resolution pdf)
- Make sure all references are complete and correct and they follow the guidelines of the Journal. Also make sure all references cited in the text are listed in the reference list and vice versa!
Instructions to submit a revised manuscript
Files you must have available:
- Revised manuscript file with changes highlighted or in red colour. In Word you can use Track Changes, then Highlight Changes or simply Underline your changes or use the red colour. Use a short file name, such as revised (the file extension should be added automatically), for your new manuscript file.
- File containing response to reviewers.
- The corresponding author, also on behalf of all the other authors, should declare the existence or otherwise of financial connections (consultancies, ownership of shares, patents, etc.) that might constitute a potential conflict of interest in relation to the subject matter of the article. In the case of existence of any such financial connections, the authors concerned must declare them in a brief but complete definition at the end of the article, before the references. If no conflict of interest exists type: "No potential conflict of interest relevant to this article was reported by the authors".
- Please pay attention to these instructions: the corrections to the articles will be accepted and the articles will be corrected when and only, we will send you the official letter of proofreading request. The submitted corrections not requested by the Editorial Office will not be considered. We will send you the proofreading request about 1 month before the publication of the article.
With this submission, you agree, in the name and on behalf of any co-authors too, to the use of personal data collected for each purpose connected with this registration, to receive promotional material and, for any other purposes that may be necessary pursuant to EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. / Effettuando tale submission, acconsenti, anche in nome e per conto di eventuali coautori, all’utilizzo dei dati personali raccolti per ogni finalità connessa alla presente registrazione, per ricevere materiale promozionale e, per ogni altro scopo che si rendesse necessario ai sensi del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.
- Starting from 2017 we don't accept any more articles about studies on rats or mice.
The company Mattioli 1885 S.r.l. guarantees that the personal data collected will be processed in a lawful, correct, transparent manner and only for the purposes for which they were collected and, in any case, in compliance with EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. / La società Mattioli 1885 S.r.l. garantisce che i dati personali raccolti saranno tratti in modo lecito, corretto, trasparente e solamente per le finalità per cui sono stati raccolti ed, in ogni caso, nel rispetto del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.