Main Article Content
exercise behavior change steps, university students, exercise
Aim: The aim of this research was to examine the stage of exercise behavior changes in students who were in different faculties. Methods:A total of 654 students from Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University were included in this research. Stage of Exercise Behavior Change Questionnaire was used in the study. SPSS 20.0 package program was used for evaluation of scale data. The data are given in frequency and percentage distribution. Results: The percentage of students at continued to exercise stage in Faculty of Agricalture is %13,50, Faculty of Communication is 26,10%, Faculty of Education is 10,60%, Science Faculties is 13,90%, Faculty of Theology is 38,60, Faculty of Art is 16,30% and faculty of engineer is 16,50%.The percentage of students at precontemplation stage in Faculty of Agriculture is 11,50%, in Faculty of Communication is 16,30%, Faculty of Education is 16,50%, in Faculty of Science 13,90%, Faculty of Teology is 8,90%, Faculty of Arts is 20,70%, faculty of engineer is 17,50%. There was a significant difference between the faculties in the maintenance stage (p<0,05); there was no significant difference between the action, preparation, precontemplation, contemplation stages(p>0,05). As a result, the most students were in the Faculty of Theology at the maintenance stage. The units with the most students at the precontemplation stage were in the Faculty of Agriculture.
2. Marcus B.H, Selby V.C, Niaura R.S, & Rossi J.S. (1992) Self efficacy and the stages of exercise behavior change. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport.63(1):60-66.
3. Prochaska, J. O., & Velicer, W. F. (1997). The transtheoretical model of health behavior change. American journal of health promotion, 12(1), 38-48.
4. Oral, C., & Aktop, A. (2014). Üniversite Öğrencilerinin Egzersiz Öz yeterlik Düzeyleri ve Egzersiz Davranış Değişim Basamaklarının İncelenmesi. International Journal of Science Culture and Sport, 2(Special Issue 2), 287-300.
5. Zı̇yagı̇l MA, Tamer K, Kabasakal Ö, & Kayacan Y, (2016) Türkı̇ye Ünı̇versı̇te Sporları Federasyonu Ünı̇versı̇te Öğrencı̇lerı̇nı̇n Fı̇zı̇ksel ve Sportı̇f Etkı̇nlı̇klere Yönelı̇k Eğı̇lı̇mlerı̇, Proje Raporu, Aralık, Ankara
6. Dilek, A. N., İmamoglu, O., & Erkin, A. (2017) Davranış Değişim Basamakları ve Cinsiyete Göre Seyircilerin Saldırganlık Düzeyleri. Uluslararası Kültürel ve Sosyal Araştırmalar Dergisi (UKSAD), 3(Special Issue 2), 73-82.
7. Sahin, G., Coskun, A., Kuzu, M., Girgin, S. T., Bayram, S., Kasap, M. C., & Yanıt, S., (2018) Investigation of Exercise Behavior Changes in The University Students. 16th. International Sports Science Congress. Antalya / Turkey
8. Marcus, BH., & Lewis, BA. (2003). Physical Activity and The Stages of Motivational Readiness for Change Model. Research Digest, President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, series: 4, No:1, 1-8.
9. Cengiz C, Asci FH, & Ince ML(2010).Exercise stages of Change Questionnaire: Its reliability and validity. Türkiye Klinikleri Journal of Sports Sciences, 2(1): 32-37.
10. Ziyagil M.A, & Sevimli D. (2013) Avrupa Birliği ile uyum sürecinde yükseköğretimde antrenörlük eğitiminin yeniden yapılanması, Beden Eğitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi. 15:(1)9-28.