Main Article Content
Posture, TRX exercise, Women, Men.
Study Objectives: This study was conducted to measure the effect of eight-week TRX exercises on mild and moderate posture disorders. Methods: 40 people (f: 24; m: 16), with exercise and control groups having 20 each, participated in the study. It was ensured that the exercise group performed various exercises with TRX instruments, three days a week for eight weeks. Before and after the exercise, measurements were taken from both groups with the “Scoliometer”, and only the degree of curvature, shoulder, and chest circumference measurements were taken without applying any exercise program to the control group. Statistical data were obtained using frequency and percentage values in SPSS 22; the independent sample t test was applied to compare descriptive statistics, and the repeated measures ANOVA was used, whereby the level of significance was taken as 0.001 and 0.005. Results: A statistically significant difference was found between the pre-test and post-test scores of the male exercise-control, female exercise-control, and total study groups based on the variable of shoulder, chest, and posture degree of curvature. Compared with the Bonferroni family-wise-error control method, a significant difference was found between the male exercise group participants and the control group in shoulder measurements (p <.0001), and no difference was found between female groups. In comparison of female exercise and control groups based on the chest variable, the difference was found to be significant (p <.0001), but no statistically significant difference was observed between the male exercise and control groups and a significant difference was observed between the pre-test and post-test in the degrees of curvature of women and men (exercise-control), and the pre-test predicted the post-test in the same degree of curvature and group (p <.0001). Conclusion: Besides, TRX exercises provide positive changes in the anthropometric structure and reduce posture curvature, especially those with high degrees of curvature were found to decrease significantly.
2. Gaedtke A, Morat T. Effects of two 12 week strengthening programmes on fuctional mobility, strength and balance of older adults: comparison between trx suspension training versus an elastic band resistance training. Journal of Sport Sciences and Medicine 2016; 12(1): 48-64.
3. Eckstein F, Hudelmaier M, Putz R. The Effects of Exercise on Human Articular Cartilage. Journal of Anatomy 2006; 208(4): 491–512.
4. Bettendorf, B. TRX Suspension Training Bodyweight Exercises: Scientific Foundations and Practical Applications. San Francisco, CA: Fitness Anywhere Inc 2010.
5. Özdamar S. The Comperation of Eight Weeks Suspension and Traditional Strength Training in 14-16 Years Old Male Volleyball Players. Marmara Universty, Institute of Health Sciences. Master Thesis, Istanbul, 2019.
6. Özdinçler AR, Rezaei DA, Abanoz EŞ, et al. The Effect of Technology Addiction on Posture and Body Awareness in School Age Children. Journal of Dependence 2019; 20(4):185-196.
7. Yılmaz HG. Exercise Prescription in Idiopathic Scoliosis. Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2014;60 (Supp. 2): S31-S35.
8. Koz M. Body Composition and its Relationship with Sports Performance. http://184.108.40.206/sports.ankara.edu.tr/koz/egz-fizII/vucut.kompz.egz.pdf. Date of access: 01. 03. 2020.
9. Gönülateş S. The Effect of Regular Fıtness Exercise on Anthropometrıc and Subcutaneous Fat Values. Manas Journal of Social Studies 2015; 4(5).
10. Šmela P. TRX Training in Physical Education. Physical Education and New Technologies, Croatıan Kinesiology Association. Zagreb, 2016.
11. Gulbani RSH, Shevchuk DG. Correction and strengthening of posture at children of 10-12 years by means of physical rehabilitation and the TRX simulator. Scientific and pedagogical problems of physical culture (physical culture and sports) 2018; 12 (106).
12. Morat T, Gaedtke A. TRX Suspension Training: A New Functional Training Approach For Older Adults - Development, Training Control And Feasibility. International Journal of Exercise Science 2015; 8(3): 224-233.
13. Pastucha D, Filipcikova R, Bezdickova M, et al. Clinical anatomy aspects of functional 3D training -- case study. Biomed Papers Medical Faculty University Palacky Olomouc Czech Republic 2012; 156(1):63-9.
14. Smith LE, Snow J, Fargo JS, et al. The Acute and Chronic Health Benefits of TRX Suspension Training in Healthy Adults 2016; 11(2):1-15.
15. Curițianu I, Balint E. the benefıts of TRX Suspension Training in Adolescent İdiopathic Scoliosis. EDU WORLD, The 8th International Conference 2018.
16. Notarnicola A, Salatino G, Napoletano P, et al. Does TRX training induce similar effects to crossfit? Study on the variation of body fat mass, endurance and explosive force. Muscle, Ligaments and Tendons Journal 2018; 8(4): 520-525.