Main Article Content
Biochemical, Soccer Players, 30-15 IFT
Study Objectives: In this study, it was aimed to evaluate the relationship between vitamin D and lipid profiles of athletes playing football professionally during the season and some metabolic parameters and maximal rate. Methods: 52 male elite soccer players performing in Super League, TFF 2nd League, and TFF 3rd League whose mean age 22.86±3.55 years, participated in our study. The sport age of the soccer players was 12.2±1.70 years. The participants attended in at least five 80-minute training periods and performed at least one official competition weekly (through 11 months). In November, blood samplings of the athletes and other parameters were obtained between 09:00 and 10:00 a. m. leading a 12-hour fasting period. The Maximal Aerobic Speed (MAS) measurement developed by Buchheit (2008) to evaluate aerobic power and capacity was used to carry out the study. In order to determine the relationship between the variables of individuals, Pearson Correlation Test was used as the data showed normal distribution. Results: Albumin, Alp, Alt, Ast, B12 vitamin, Ca, Phosphorus, Creatinine, Mg, Free T3, Sodium, Tsh, Ferritin, Folic Acid, Potassium Triglyceride, Glucose, Total Cholesterol, and Free T4 values were found within normal limits. It can be said that athletes had low vitamin D values. It was observed that the participants had low LDL cholesterol values. Variables don’t have any significant effects on running time, peak velocity, true vift and VO2max of biochemical parameters (p>0,05). Conclusion: As a result, it can be concluded that despite the positive relationship between the maximal aerobic velocity test parameters of the footballers and their pre-test biochemical results, it wasn’t statistically a meaningful relationship.
2. Farrokhyar F, Tabasinejad R, Dao D, Peterson D, Ayeni OR, Hadioonzadeh R, et al. Prevalence of vitamin D inadequacy in athletes: a systematic-review and meta-analysis. Sports Medicine. 2015;45(3):365-78.
3. Duca A, John A, Norwig Joseph C, et al. Vitamin D profile in national football league players. Am J Sports Med 2015; 3: 1-5
4. Sercan, C. Yavuzsoy, E. Yuksel, I. Can, R. Oktay, S. Kirac, D. Ulucan, K. Sporcu sagligi ve atletik performansta d vitamini ve reseptorunun onemi. Journal of Marmara University Institute of Health Sciences, 2015, 5(4) - 259-264.
5. Kucuk H. Kadin futbolcularda statik ve dinamik dengenin mevkilere gore karsilastirilmasi. Uluslararasi Spor Egzersiz ve Antrenman Bilimi Dergisi, 2020; Supp.(4): 53-56.
6. Kucuk, H. Erim, V. Comparison of elite judo and wrestler's balance performances. Journal of ROL Sport Sciences, 2021, 2(1), 1-7.
7. Ziv, G., & Lidor, R. (2009). Physical attributes, physiological characteristics, on-court performance and nutritional strategies of female and male basketball players. Sports Medicine, 39(7), 547–568.
8. N. Apostolidis, G. C. Bogdanis, N. Kostopoulos, A. Souglis & Ch. Papadopoulos (2014) Changes in the Lipid Profile of Elite Basketball and Soccer Players After a Match, Research in Sports Medicine: An International Journal, 22:1, 100-110,
9. Sotiropoulos, A., Papapanagiotou, A., Souglis, A., Giosos, G., Kotsis, G., & Bogdanis, G. C. (2008). Changes in hormonal and lipid profile after a soccer match in male amateur players. Serbian Journal of Sports Sciences, 2(1), 31–36.
10. Brites, F., Verona, J., De Geitere, C., Fruchart, J. C., Castro, G., & Wikinski, R. (2004). Enhanced cholesterol efflux promotion in well-trained soccer players. Metabolism, 53(10), 1262-1267.
11. Rahnama, N., Younesian, A., Mohammadion, M., & Bambaeichi, E. (2009). A 90 minute soccer match decreases triglyceride and low density lipoprotein but not high-density lipoprotein and cholesterol levels. Journal of research in medical sciences: the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, 14(6), 335.
12. Bezuglov, E., Tikhonova, A., Zueva, A., Khaitin, V., Waśkiewicz, Z., Gerasimuk, D., ... & Knechtle, B. (2019). Prevalence and treatment of vitamin D deficiency in young male Russian soccer players in winter. Nutrients, 11(10), 2405.
13. Rebolledo, B.J.; Bernard, J.A.; Werner, B.C.; Finlay, A.K.; Nwachukwu, B.U.; Dare, D.M.; Warren, R.F.; Rodeo, S.A. The association of vitamin D status in lower extremity muscle strains and core muscle injuries at the national football league combine. Arthrosc. J. Arthrosc. Relat. Surg. 2018, 34, 1280–1285.
14. Dupont, G, Akakpo, K, and Berthoin, S. The effect of in-season, high-intensity interval training in soccer players. J Strength Cond Res 18: 584–589, 2004.
15. Hoff, J and Helgerud, J. Endurance and strength training for soccer players: physiological considerations. Sports Med 3: 165–180, 2004.
16. Buchheit, M. The 30–15 intermittent fitness test: accuracy for individualizing interval training of young intermittent sport players. J Strength Cond Res 22: 365–374, 2008.
17. Buchheit, M. 30-15 Intermittent Fitness Test and repeated sprint ability. Science & Sports. 2008, 23: 26-28,.
18. Doruk, M. Sabah aksam yapilan yo-yo aralikli toparlanma testinin (seviye-1) metabolik hormonlar ve biyokimyasal parametreler uzerine akut etkisi. 2019, Yuksek Lisans Tezi, 42-50.
19. Ceylan, L. D vitaminin sporcu sagligi ve performansina etkisi. Sporda Bilimsel ve Akademik Yaklasimlar-3 2020, 155-175.
20. Bikle, D.D. Vitamin D Metabolism, Mechanism of Action, and Clinical Applications. Chem. Biol. 2014, 20, 319–329.
21. Koundourakis, N.E.; Androulakis, N.E.; Malliaraki, N.; Margioris, A.N. Vitamin D and exercise performance in professional soccer players. PLoS ONE 2014, 9, e101659.
22. Morton, J.P.; Iqbal, Z.; Drust, B.; Burgess, D.; Close, G.L.; Brukner, P.D. Seasonal variation in vitamin D status in professional soccer players of the English Premier League. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 2012, 37, 798–802.
23. Larson-Meyer, D.E.; Willis, K.S. Vitamin D and athletes. Curr. Sports Med. Rep. 2010, 9, 220–226.
24. Carter, G.D. 25-hydroxyvitamin D assays: The quest for accuracy. Clin. Chem. 2009, 55, 1300–1302.
25. Dubnov-Raz, G.; Livne, N.; Raz, R.; Rogel, D.; Constantini, W. Vitamin D concentrations and physical performance in competitive adolescent swimmers. Pediatr. Exerc. Sci. 2014, 26, 64–70.
26. Morton, J.P.; Iqbal, Z.; Drust, B.; Burgess, D.; Close, G.L.; Brukner, P.D. Sea-sonal variation in vitamin D status in professional soccer players of the English Premier League. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 2012, 37, 798–802.
27. Sariakcali, B; Ceylan, L; Elioz, M. Evaluation of end-seasonal vitamin d, plasma lipid and other biochemical measurements in professional football players: The case of sivas province in turkey. 2020. Progress in Nutrition 2020; Vol. 22 (2): 5-17.
28. Donmez G, Torgutalp SS, Babayeva N, Yargic MP, Ozkan O, Korkusuz F, et al. Vitamin D status in soccer players with skeletal muscle injury, Ankara. Turkish Journal of Sports Medicine. 2018;53(3):94-100.
29. Close, G.L.; Russell, J.; Cobley, J.N.; Owens, D.J.; Wilson, G.; Gregson, W.; Fraser, W.D.; Morton, J.P. Assessment of vitamin D concentration in non-supplemented professional athletes and healthy adults during the winter months in the UK: Implications for skeletal muscle function. J. Sports Sci. 2013, 31, 344–353.
30. Todd JJ, Pourshahidi LK, McSorley EM, Madigan SM, Magee PJ. Vitamin D: re-cent advances and implications for athletes. Sports Med. 2015;45(2):213-29.
31. Buchheit, M. Rabbani, A. 30-15 Intermittent Fitness Test vs. Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Test Level 1: Relationship and Sensitivity to Training. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 2013, 9(3), 522-524.
32. Peso, D. Descriptive study of 30-15IFT TEST. https://30-15ift.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/peso-30-15ift-at-2800m-altitude.pdf erisim tarihi: 22.01.2021.
33. Råsäter, K. Difference in estimated VO2max between the 30-15 intermittent fitness-test and 20-meter shuttle test in amateur floorball-players. Bachelor Thesis 2016, Halmstad, 12-13.
34. Buchheit, M, Al Haddad, H, Millet GP, Lepretre, PM, Newton, M, and Ahmaidi, S. Cardiorespiratory and cardiac autonomic responses to 30–15 Intermittent Fitness Test in team sport players. J Strength Cond Res. 2009, 23(1): 93–100.
35. Kaynar O., Ozturk N., Kiyici F., Baygutalp K.N., Bakan E., Kick Boks Sporcularinda Kisa Sureli Yogun Egzersizin Karaciger Enzimleri ve Serum Lipit Duzeyleri Uzerine Etkileri., Dicle Tip Dergisi 2016, 43(1):130-134
36. Kaynar O, Kiyici F, Ozturk N, Bakan E. Elit gurescilerde akut egzersizin plazma lipit duzeylerine etkisi, Beden Egitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi 2015;17:33.
37. Kocahan S., Dundar A. Yuzuculerde farkli egzersiz yuklerinin tiroid hormon duzeyleri ve serum lipid profili uzerine etkileri Cevrimici Yayincilik: 2018-11-14
38. Colakoglu F., 8 Haftalik Kos- Yuru Egzersizinin Sedanter Orta Yasli Obez Bayanlarda Fizyolojik, Motorik ve Somatotip Degerleri Uzerine Etkisi. Gazi Egitim Fakultesi Dergisi, 2014, Cilt 23, Sayi 3.