Main Article Content
COVID-19, food allergy, children, food challenge, oral immunotherapy
In children with food allergy the visits should be limited to those that are unequivocally needed on clinical basis. Food challenge can be performed in selected situations, taking a more detailed history to make sure that patients provide whatever information we need. The maintenance of a safe diet can be hampered by several factors. Nutritional supplementation may be necessary.
2) Muraro A, Werfel T, Hoffmann-Sommergruber K, et al. EAACI Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Guidelines. Diagnosis and management of food allergy. Allergy 2014; 69: 1008–1025.
3) Venter C, Groetch M, Netting M, Meyer R. A patient-specific approach to develop an exclusion diet to manage food allergy in infants and children. Clin Exp Allergy 2018; 48: 121-137.
4) Caffarelli C, Garrubba M, Greco C, Mastrorilli C, Povesi Dascola C. Asthma and food allergy in children: is there a connection or interaction? Front Pediatr 2016; 4: 34.
5) D'Auria E, Abrahams M, Zuccotti GV, Venter C. Personalized nutrition approach
in food allergy: is it prime time yet? Nutrients 2019;11(2).
6) Meyer R, De Koker C, Dziubak R et al. A practical approach to vitamin and mineral supplementation in food allergic children. Clin Transl Allergy 2015; 5: 11.
7) Gombart AF, Pierre A, Maggini S. A Review of micronutrients and the immune
system-working in harmony to reduce the risk of infection. Nutrients 2020;12(1).
8) Martineau AR, Joliffe DA, Greenberg L, et al. Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory infections: individual participant data meta-analysis. Health Technol Assess 2019; 23: 1-44.
9) Vorilhon P, Arpajou B, Vaillant Roussel H, Merlin E, Pereira B, Cabaillot A. Efficacy of Vitamin C for the prevention and treatment of upper respiratory tract infection. A meta-analysis in children. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2019; 75: 303-311.
10) Mastrorilli C, Caffarelli C, Hoffmann-Sommergruber K. Food allergy and atopic dermatitis: Prediction, progression, and prevention. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2017; 28: 831-840.