Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Please note, there can only be one corresponding author per article. Papers have not already been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- To complete and upload the manuscript at submission. Incomplete submissions will not be put into the peer-review process until requirements are met.
Corresponding author is required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the items, reported in the guidelienes to Authors of ActaBiomed. Manuscript submission may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines. Authors are encouraged to resubmit within 15 days a new updated version in the same submission.
Please, see carefully the Authors Guidelines and How to avoid a desk-rejection
Have you downloaded and signed the Conflict of Interest form?
You can also download it at www.icmje.org?
The form must be signed by the corresponding author on behalf of all authors and collected in a zip folder. The zip folder must be uploaded on the website at the submission.
- Did you acknowledge that a publication fee is due for accepted papers?
Have you download the two sample files, the cover letter sample and the Conflict of interest statement for your online submission?
ABM title page sample, ABM manuscript sample , ABM cover letter sample and Conflict of Interest form.
Then, upload the 4 files in your submission. Submission missing one of these 4 files, will be rejected.
- Have you included ethics committee approval with the date of release and protocol number?
- Have you included all references in reference section?
- If you intend to reproduce any material from another source in your paper (e.g. a figure, diagram, scheme, table, etc.) for which you do not own the copyright then permissions must be obtained from the original publisher or copyright holder and report fully the references of Authors and Journal in your material.
- Have you included the name and affiliation of all co-authors?
- Have you included correspondent address, e-mail ORCiD number? To learn more about ORCiD, please visit http://orcid.org/content/initiative.
At this point you are ready to submit the manuscript.
- If you want to submit the article for Health Professions, please, choose the Section: "Health Professions" in the first step of the submission.
PLEASE BE SURE THAT THE METADATA ONLINE ARE CORRECT (WHEN YOU FILL OUT THE FORM OF SUBMISSION THE ARTICLE). REQUESTS FOR ADDITION/DELETE/CHANGE OF AUTHORS OR AFFILIATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THE ISSUE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Metadata are crucial for the indexing of the paper and of authors and for attribution of copyright to ALL authors. Attention: Any submission received for a manuscript with more than one contributor, in which only one author has been inserted in the metadata, will result in immediate rejection, asking for a correct re-submission.
The author names and affiliations inserted in the online submission system will be those which will be published in Databases. The Editorial staff is therefore not responsible for eventual inaccuracies or mistakes in the affiliations inserted during the submission process.
- With this submission, you agree, in the name and on behalf of any co-authors too, to the use of personal data collected for each purpose connected with this registration, to receive promotional material and, for any other purposes that may be necessary pursuant to EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. Note for the Italian researchers: Effettuando tale submission, acconsenti, anche in nome e per conto di eventuali coautori, all’utilizzo dei dati personali raccolti per ogni finalità connessa alla presente registrazione, per ricevere materiale promozionale e, per ogni altro scopo che si rendesse necessario ai sensi del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.
AGREEMENT between MATTIOLI 1885 s.r.l. and the Article’s AUTHOR
Article 1 Purpose:
The purpose of this agreement is to ensure effective global dissemination of the Article, enabling the Publisher to carry out necessary activities for publication, distribution, and preservation of the work, respecting the rights of the parties as defined below.
Article 2 - Rights License:
By accepting this agreement, the Author grants Mattioli 1885 srl an exclusive license to exploit the rights, as specified below:
a. Reproduce the Article, in whole or in part, and communicate the Article to the public in print and/or digital form, both individually and in combination with works of others, for example, making it available on the internet or any other networks, as part of a database, online or offline, for third-party use.
b. Translate the Article into other languages and communicate translations of the Article to the public.
c. Create adaptations, summaries, or extracts of the Article or other derivative works based on the Article and exercise all rights in such adaptations, summaries, extracts, and derivative works.
d. The Publisher agrees to acknowledge the Author's name and the source in a standard bibliographic citation.
Article 3 - Rights Reserved to the Author:
The Author retains all other rights related to the Article not granted to the Publisher and, in particular, may exercise the following rights, not for profit:
a. Educational or Research Use: Reproduce the Article, in whole or in part, and communicate or make it available to the public, both in print and/or digital format, as part of an educational package or compilation, for use in educational or research settings within the Author's institution or affiliated institutions.
b. Preservation: Grant the Author's institution (or another appropriate organization) the authority to preserve the Article to prevent deterioration and ensure the Article continues to be available for educational and research purposes.
c. Future Reuse: Reuse the whole or part of the Article in a thesis, compilation, or other work.
d. Personal Use: Present the Article at a meeting or conference.
Article 4 - Warranties:
1. The Author guarantees the originality of the work and being its sole creator. The Author also guarantees that the Article does not violate any existing copyright or moral rights of third parties.
2. The Author guarantees not to have assigned to third parties the right to economic exploitation of the work itself.
3. The Author will indemnify and compensate the Publisher for any claims from third parties arising from the publication of the Article in case of a breach of this warranty. The warranties in this clause also apply to drawings, tables, photographs, or other illustrations included in the Article and provided by the Author.
4. The Author guarantees that the content is not defamatory or otherwise injurious to the moral or economic rights of others.
5. The Author authorizes the Publisher to take, in cooperation with the Author, necessary measures to prevent third-party copyright violations on the Article. The Author and the Publisher agree to provide each other with full cooperation and complete information in this regard. Costs are subject to a separate agreement when the issue arises.
Article 5 - Publication Obligation:
Mattioli 1885 undertakes to publish the Article according to customary standards and at the Publisher’s expense within a reasonable period from the acceptance.
Article 6 - Legal Relationship:
The Publisher may transfer exploitation rights to a third party, provided that this third party fulfills the Publisher's obligations under this agreement with the Author. If the Author can demonstrate that her/his moral rights are compromised by the Publisher's use of her/his Article, she/he may request the cessation of such use.
Article 7 - Multiple Authors:
In the case of multiple Authors, the above-identified Author (first Author) guarantees having the consent of each Author to sign this Publication License on their behalf.
Article 8 - Final Clause:
The agreement becomes effective immediately after the Acceptance of the work and remains effective for the entire duration of the copyright on the Article.