Main Article Content
This is Public Health (TIPH), Health in All Policies (HiAP)
Despite the great effort to raise awareness among health promotion, nowadays Public Health policies are not often recognized as important tools. For this reason, the Health in All Policies (HiAP) approach is instrumental in tackling this information gap. In 2018, the US Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) launched an international campaign called “This is Public Health” (TIPH), whose aim was “to brand public health and raise awareness of how it affects individuals, communities and populations”. The Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER), in coordination with ASPPH, decided to create a European campaign to support and to reproduce the American one, by opening a challenge among the European Public Health Schools. The Schools and Programs of PH of Vita-Salute “San Raffaele” University, Milan, University of Parma, University of Pavia and Politecnico of Milan won this bid. In this “briefing on” we present a report on the Italian project for raising awareness of Public Health among general population and health care personell.
2. Costantino C, Restivo V, Tramuto F, Casuccio A, Vitale F. Influenza vaccination of healthcare workers in Italy: could mandatory vaccination be a solution to protect patients? Future Microbiol. 2019;14:45-9.
3. Cabaj JL, Musto R, Ghali WA. Public health: who, what, and why? Can J Public Health. 2019;110(3):340-3.
4. Barata-Cavalcanti O, Ty D, Novelli W, Costa S, Huang TT. Informing a roadmap for cross-sectoral collaboration on portion size management as a national strategy to improve population nutrition - a Delphi study. Obes Sci Pract. 2019;5(3):189-202.
5. Leandro CG, Fonseca E, de Lim CR, Tchamo ME, Ferreira ESWT. Barriers and Enablers That Influence Overweight/Obesity/Obesogenic Behavior in Adolescents From Lower-Middle Income Countries: A Systematic Review. Food Nutr Bull. 2019;40(4):562-71.
6. Brown V, Moodie M, Cobiac L, Mantilla H, Carter R. Obesity-related health impacts of active transport policies in Australia - a policy review and health impact modelling study. Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017;41(6):611-6.
7. Romm JJ, Ervin CA. How energy policies affect public health. Public Health Rep. 1996;111(5):390-9.
8. Capolongo S, Rebecchi A, Dettori M, Appolloni L, Azara A, Buffoli M, et al. Healthy Design and Urban Planning Strategies, Actions, and Policy to Achieve Salutogenic Cities. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(12).
9. Pasquarella C, Veronesi L, Napoli C, Castaldi S, Pasquarella ML, Saccani E. et al. What about behaviours in swimming pools? Results of an Italian multicentre study. Microchem J 2014; 112: 190-195.
10. Audisio RA, Icardi G, Isidori AM, Liverani CA, Lombardi A, Mariani L, et al. Public health value of universal HPV vaccination. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;97:157-67.
11. Biasio LR, Corsello G, Costantino C, Fara GM, Giammanco G, Signorelli C, et al. Communication about vaccination: A shared responsibility. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2016;12(11):2984-7.
12. Odone A, Landriscina T, Amerio A, Costa G. The impact of the current economic crisis on mental health in Italy: evidence from two representative national surveys. Eur J Public Health. 2018;28(3):490-5.
13. Veronesi L, Affanni P, Verrotti di Pianella C, Colucci ME, Tanzi ML. Immunity status against poliomyelitis in childbearing women in a province of northern Italy. A cross-sectional analysis. Ann Ig. 2013;25(5):427-33.
14. Chiapponi C, Ebranati E, Pariani E, Faccini S, Luppi A, Baioni L, et al. Genetic analysis of human and swine influenza A viruses isolated in Northern Italy during 2010-2015. Zoonoses Public Health. 2018;65(1):114-23.
15. Signorelli C, Ricco M, Odone A. The Italian National Health Service expenditure on workplace prevention and safety (2006-2013): a national-level analysis. Ann Ig. 2016;28(5):313-8.
16. Cesari C, Colucci ME, Veronesi L, Giordano R, Paganuzzi F, Affanni P, et al. Detection of enteroviruses from urban sewage in Parma. Acta Biomed. 2010;81(1):40-6.
17. Castaldi S, Giacometti M, Toigo W, Bert F, Siliquini R. Analysis of full-text publication and publishing predictors of abstracts presented at an Italian public health meeting (2005-2007). BMC Res Notes. 2015;8:492.
18. Puska P. Health in all policies. Eur J Public Health. 2007;17(4):328.
19. Rudolph L CJ, Ben-Moshe K, Dillon L. Health in All Policies: A Guide for State and Local Governments.; 2013.
20. https://thisispublichealth.org [
21. ASPHER. https://www.aspher.org/this-is-public-health-tiph.html [
22. Gianfredi V, Balzarini F, Gola M, Mangano S, Carpagnano LF, Colucci ME, et al. Leadership in Public Health: Opportunities for Young Generations Within Scientific Associations and the Experience of the "Academy of Young Leaders". Front Public Health. 2019;7:378.
23. Signorelli C, Odone A, Gozzini A, Petrelli F, Tirani M, Zangrandi A, et al. The missed Constitutional Reform and its possible impact on the sustainability of the Italian National Health Service. Acta bio-medica : Atenei Parmensis. 2017;88(1)
24. Signorelli C, Odone A, Oradini-Alacreu A, Pelissero G. Universal Health Coverage in Italy: lights and shades of the Italian National Health Service which celebrated its 40th anniversary. Health Policy. 2020;124(1):69-74.
25. Sheard DJ, Clydesdale G, Maclean G. Governance structure and public health provision. J Health Organ Manag. 2019;33(4):426-42.