Main Article Content
Since January 2020 the COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a serious public health problem (1), which -according to the 13 August 2021 WHO update- is burdened by 205.338.151 cases and 4.333.094 deaths (2). [...]
2) WHO Coronavirus (COVID-19) Dashboard, 13 August 2021.
3) Danforth K, Granich R, Wiedeman D, Baxi S, Padian N, Holmes K, Bertozzi S, Bloom B, Prabhat J (Editors). Global Mortality and Morbidity of HIV/AIDS. In: Major Infectious Diseases. 3rd edition. Washington (DC): The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / The World Bank; 2017 Nov 3. Chapter 2.
4) Rodger AJ, Sabin CA. How have guidelines on when to start antiretroviral therapy affected survival of people living with HIV infection? Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2016;11(5):487-491.
5) Lee JH, Crotty S. HIV vaccinology: 2021 update. Semin Immunol. 2021. 13;101470.
6) Moore JP. Approaches for optimal use of different COVID-19 Vaccines: Issues of viral variants and Vaccine efficacy. JAMA. 2021;325(13):1251-1252.
7) Raman R. Patel KJ, Ranjan K. COVID-19: Unmasking emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants, vaccines and therapeutic strategies. Biomolecules 2021; 11,993.
8) Wei EK, Long T, Katz MH. Nine lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic for improving hospital care and health care delivery. JAMA Intern. Med. 2021 Jul 23. Online ahead of print.
9) Uppal A, Silvestri DM, Siegler M, Natsui S , Boudourakis L, R James Salway RJ et al. Critical care and emergency department response at the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic. Health Aff (Millwood). 2020;39(8):1443-1449.
10) The New York Times. Tracking Coronavirus in New York: Latest map and case count. August 11, 2021.