Main Article Content
longer life, life expectancy
The current demographic situation in the world is characterized by an increase in average life expectancy, low birth rate, as well as an increase in the number of older and senior people, which is why our epoch is referred to as «the age of ageing». [...]
2. United Nations, (2002). Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing. From https://www.un.org/development/desa/ageing Accessed: December 15, 2016.
3. Khavinson VKh, Mikhailova ON. Health and Aging in Russia. In: Global Health and Global Aging. Ed by: M. Robinson, W. Novelli, C. Pearson, L. Norris. AARP Foundation, Jossey-Bass, USA, 2007.
4. Khavinson V, Morozov V. Peptides of pineal gland and thymus prolong human life. Neuroendocrinol Lett 2003; 24: 233–40.
5. Khavinson VKh. Peptides and ageing. Neuroendocrinol Lett 2002.
6. Khavinson VKh. Peptide regulation of ageing. SPb.: Humanistica. 2008.
7. Mechnikov I. Etudes sur la nature humaine: essai de philosophie optimiste. Paris: Masson. 1903.
8. Jacob F, Monod J. Genetic regulation mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol 1961; 3: 318–56.
9. Khavinson V, Popovich I. Short Peptides Regulate Gene Expression, Protein Synthesis and Enhance Life Span. Ed. A.M. Vaiserman. Anti-aging Drugs: From Basic Research to Clinical Practice 2017; 57: 496-513.
10. Vanyushin BF, Khavinson VKh. Short Biologically Active Peptides as Epigenetic Modulators of Gene Activity. Eds. W. Doerfler, P. Böhm. Epigenetics – A Different Way of Looking at Genetics 2016; 69-90.
11. De Groot LC, Verheijden MW, de Henauw S, Schroll M, van Staveren WA; SENECA Investigators. Lifestyle, nutritional status, health, and mortality in elderly people across Europe: a review of the longitudinal results of the SENECA study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2004; 59: 1277-84.
12. Boccardi V, Esposito A, Rizzo MR, Marfella R, Barbrieri M, Paolisso G. Mediterranean diet, telomere maintenance and health status among elderly. PLoS One 2013; 8: e62781. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0062781.
13. Choi Y, Song S, Song Y, Lee JE. Consumption of red and processed meat and esophageal cancer risk: meta-analysis. World J Gastroenterol 2013; 19: 1020-29.
14. Bianchi VE, Herrera PF, Laura R. Effect of nutrition on neurodegenerative diseases. A systematic review. Nutr Neurosci 2019; 4: 1-25. doi: 10.1080/1028415X.2019.1681088.
15. Fontana L, Meyer TE, Klein S, Holloszy JO. Long-term calorie restriction is highly effective in reducing the risk for atherosclerosis in humans. Proc Nat Acad Sci USA 2004; 101: 6659-63.
16. Holloszy JO, Fontana L. Caloric restriction in humans. Exp Gerontol 2007; 42: 709-12.
17. Kraus WE, Bhapkar M, Huffman KM. et al. 2 years of calorie restriction and cardiometabolic risk (CALERIE): exploratory outcomes of a multicentre, phase 2, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2019; 7: 673-83. doi: 10.1016/S2213-8587(19)30151-2.
18. Harman D. Aging: a theory based on free radical and biology. J Gerontol 1956; 11: 298-300.
19. Harman D. Free-radical theory of aging: increasing the functional life span. Ann NY Acad Sci 1994; 717: 257-66.
20. Jang M, Cai L, Udeani GO. et al. Cancer chemopreventive activity of resveratrol, a natural product derived from grapes. Science 1997; 275: 218-20.
21. Valenzano DR, Cellerino A. Resveratrol and the pharmacology of aging: a new vertebrate model to validate an old molecule. Cell Cycle 2006; 10: 1027-32.
22. Brasnyo P, Molnar GA, Mohas M. et al. Resveratrol improves insulin sensitivity, reduces oxidative stress and activates the Akt pathway in type 2 diabetic patients. Br J Nutr 2011; 106: 383-89.
23. Barger JL, Kayo T, Vann JM. et al. A low dose of dietary resveratrol partially mimicscaloric restriction and retards aging parameters in mice. PloS One 2008; 3: P.e2264.
24. Cho S, Namkoong K, Shin M. et al. Cardiovascular Protective Effects and Clinical Applications of Resveratrol. J Med Food 2017; 20: 323-34. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2016.3856.
25. Chung JH, Manganiello V, Dyck JR. Resveratrol as a calorie restriction mimetic: therapeutic implications. Trends Cell Biol 2012; 22: 546-54.
26. Pierpaoli W, Regelson W. Pineal control of aging: effect of melatonin and pineal grafting on aging mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1994; 91: 787-91.
27. Anisimov VN, Popovich IG, Zabezhinski MA, Anisimov SV, Vesnushkin GM, Vinogradova IA. Melatonin as antioxidant, geroprotector and anticarcinogen. Biochim Biophys Acta 2006; 1757: 573-89.
28. Reiter RJ, Tan DX, Allegra M. Melatonin: reducing molecular pathology and dysfunction due to free radicals and associated reactant. Neuroendocrinol Lett 2002; 23: 3-8.
29. Gunata M, Parlakpinar H, Acet HA. Melatonin: A review of its potential functions and effects on neurological diseases. Rev Neurol (Paris) 2019; 9: pii: S0035-3787(19)30882-3.
30. Anisimov VN, Khavinson VKh. Small peptide-associated modulation of aging and longevity. Modulating aging and longevity. Ed. S.I.S. Rattan, Kluwer Academic Publishers (Printed in Great Britain) 2003.
31. Anisimov VN, Khavinson VKh, Morozov VG. Twenty years of study on effect of pineal peptide preparation: epithalamin in experimental gerontology and oncology. Ann N.Y. Acad Sci 1994; 719: 483–93.
32. Anisimov VN, Khavinson VKh, Morozov VG. Effect of synthetic dipeptide Thymogen (Glu-Trp) on life span and spontaneous tumor incidence in rats. The Gerontologist 1998; 38: 7–8.
33. Khavinson VKh, Malinin VV. Gerontological aspects of genome peptide regulation. Basel (Switzerland): Karger AG. 2005.
34. Khavinson V, Goncharova N, Lapin B. Synthetic tetrapeptide epitalon restores disturbed neuroendocrine regulation in senescent monkeys. Neuroendocrinol Lett 2001; 22: 251–54.
35. Korkushko OV, Khavinson VKh, Shatilo VB, Antonyk-Sheglova I.A. Peptide Geroprotector from the Pineal Gland Inhibits Rapid Aging of Elderly People: Results of 15-Year Follow-Up. Bull Exp Biol Med 2011; 151: 366-69.
36. Khavinson VKh, Lezhava TA, Monaselidze JR. et al. Peptide Epitalon activates chromatin at the old age. Neuroendocrinol Lett 2003; 24: 329–33.
37. Strategy of action in the interests of citizens of the older generations up to the year 2025 (2016) http://government.ru/docs/21692/ Accessed December 22, 2016