Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Papers have not already been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Papers must follow the instruction to Authors in Author Guidelines
- The submission form must contain the full names of ALL authors, using the button "ADD CONTRIBUTORS" with capital letters only for the first letter of authors’ names. If the submission has missed the co-authors name, it is not possible to add them later and THE SUBMISSION MUST BE REPEATED.
Make sure that no author information is present in the manuscript file, since we are using double-blind peer review.
Please, you should upload 2 files: "the title page" file and the manuscript file. The "title page" file must contain title, author information, abstract and key-words; this file will not be included in the review process.
Publication fee: 250 Euro.
Please note that the Journal has change its policy and the publisher decided to introduce an article processing fee. The fee is due for all the articles submitted. Please, if you don't want to pay the fee, don't submit the article, and if you have already submitted, please, you should withdraw it. The new policy doesn't provide any waves or discounts. The discount/waiver requests will not be answered.
All articles in Progress in Nutrition, like in all our journals, are open access immediately after their publication. This is thanks to an article processing fee that allows us to cover a series of publishing services we provide, such as online tools for authors, article production and hosting, direct relation with indexing services and customer services. This fee (of 250 Euro) is to pay as soon as your manuscript is editorially accepted and before publication and it is charged to you or to your institution (or funder). The corresponding authors are responsible for making the payment or arranging it through their institutions. After that payment we proceed with the publication.
Publication fee: 250 Euro
Fast review + fast publication in the next available publishing issue: a) 1000 euro until 8 pages; b) 1400 euro from 9 pages to over.
The fee can be paid by paypal/credit card at Publication Fee form-Progress in Nutrition
For other payment method: Bank transfer (enclosed copy) made out to:
Mattioli 1885 srl Strada di Lodesana 649/sx, Loc. Vaio, 43036 Fidenza (PR) -
Bank: Cariparma, Credit Agricole – Agenzia di Fidenza 3;
IBAN code: IT 39 S 06230 65732 000094186751 – Bic Code: CRPPIT2P487
Please, download the publication form to fill in at Publication Fee form and re-send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: email@example.com
Please, report in the transaction object the ID of the article and send copy (scan) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
- Authors should suggest, in the "Comments for the Editor", at least 2 full names (with their email address and affiliation) of potential Reviewers. The suggested Reviewers must have no conflict of interest with the proposal research. Please, specify the first name and the last name.
- The manuscript text file should include tables and tables and figure legends. Figures and Appendices with supplementary material should be uploaded separately. Figures prepared in jpeg/tiff format (or high resolution pdf)
- Make sure all references are complete and correct and they follow the guidelines of the Journal. Also make sure all references cited in the text are listed in the reference list and vice versa!
- When submitting a revised manuscript, authors must provide publication-ready source files. The main manuscript file should be provided as word processor files (e.g., .doc, .docx, .odt, .rtf) with high resolution figures submitted as separate files. The text file should include track-changes and you may upload an additional “clean version” without track-changes, as “additional file for review but not for publication”.
- The corresponding author, also on behalf of all the other authors, should declare the existence or otherwise of financial connections (consultancies, ownership of shares, patents, etc.) that might constitute a potential conflict of interest in relation to the subject matter of the article. In the case of existence of any such financial connections, the authors concerned must declare them in a brief but complete definition. On the web site the possible presence of conflict of interest must be declared in the space provided. If no conflict of interest exists type: NONE.
In consideration of the publication of my manuscript or other written work, I hereby transfer to MATTIOLI 1885 the sole and exclusive worldwide rights,
- to secure copyright;
- to produce preprints or reprints for sale or free distribution;
- to republish the article in a collection of articles or any other format related to the Journal.
Furthermore, I affirm that this article (text, illustrations, and/or tables) is original, unpublished, not under consideration by another journal, and not subject to copyright or any other of the rights that are hereby assigned to MATTIOLI 1885.
Names and email addresses entered in this website will be used exclusively for the declared aims of the Journal and will not be used for any other purpose.