Main Article Content
Problem solving, Assertiveness, Physical Education, Secondary School, High School
Study Objective: The purpose of this study is to examine the problem-solving skills and assertiveness characteristics of physical education teachers working in secondary and high schools. Methodsː The sample group of the study consisted of physical education teachers working in Çayırova district of Kocaeli province and Adapazarı district of Sakarya province. The data were collected through Google Forms. The number of participants reached in this way is 139. SPSS 20.0 package program has been used to analyze the data. Besides descriptive statistics, T Test and ANOVA Test have been used in the analysis of the data because the data were distributed normally. Results: While there is a significant relationship in favour of males in the evaluative approach of the problem solving skills of physical education teachers in primary and secondary schools, a significant difference was found in favour of married individuals in assertiveness levels. Conclusionsː As a result of the study, while there was a significant difference in favour of males in the evaluative approach of problem solving skills, no significant relationship was found in other sub-dimensions.
2. Voltan N. The Effect of Group Assertiveness Training on the Assertiveness Level of the Individual. Hacettepe University Journal of Social Sciences, 1980: 310, 23-25.
3. Ker-Dinçer M. Assertiveness As A Problem-Solving Communication Skill In Interpersonal Communication . İzmir: Nobel Publishing, 2005.
4. Bloom BS, Engelhart MD, Furst EJ, Hill WH & Krathwohl DR. Taxonomy Of Educational Objetives: The Classification Of Educational Goals: Handbook I: Cognitive Domain, 1956: No. 373.19 C734t. New York, US: D. Mckay.
5. Reinecke MA, DuBois DL, Schultz TM. Social Problem Solving, Mood, and Suicidality Among İnpatient Adolescents. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 2001: 256, 743-756.
6. Ross CE, Mirowsky J. Explaining The Social Patterns of Depression: Control and Problem Solving or Support and Talking? Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 1989: 206-219.
7. Mearns J. Coping with a Breakup: Negative Mood Regulation Expectancies and Depression Following The End of a Romantic Relationship. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1991: 60, 327- 334.
8. Kaya ZA. Research on The Comparison of The Degree of Assertiveness and Trait Anxiety of The Vocational school students. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Dokuz Eylül University, Institute of Education Sciences, İzmir, 2001.
9. Atılgan D. Investigating The Relationship Between Selfconfidence Levels and Decision-Making Styles of Physical Education Teachers and Trainers. Journal of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, 2018: 204, 8-22.
10. Karasar N. Scientific Research Method 17th Edition. Ankara: Nobel Broadcast Distribution, 2005.
11. Gürbüz S, Şahin F. Research Methods in Social Sciences. Ankara: Seçkin Publishing, s 271, 2018.
12. Heppner PP. A Review of The Problem-Solving Literature and its Relationship to the Counseling Process. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 1978: 255, 366.
13. Şahin N, Şahin NH & Heppner PP. Psychometric Properties of the Problem Solving Inventory in a Group of Turkish University Students. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 1993: 174, 379-396.
14. Rathus SA. 30 Item Schedule for Assessing Assertive Behavior. Behavior Therapy, 1973: 398-406.
15. Voltan N. The Effect of Group Assertiveness Training on the Assertiveness Level of the Individual. Hacettepe University Journal of Social Sciences, 1980: 310, 23-25.
16. Büyüköztürk Ş. Data and Analysis Handbook for Social Sciences 24th edition. Ankara. Pegem Publishing, 2018.
17. Şeker E. Relationship Between Problem Solving Skills with Academic Self-Efficacy of University Students. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Erzincan Binali Yıldırım University Institute of Health Sciences, Erzincan, 2019.
18. Esen U. Relationship Between Administrator Anxiety Levels of School Administrator and Problem-Solving Skills. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Ahi Evran University Social Sciences Institute, Kırşehir, 2012.
19. Türe AÖ. Examination of Problem Solvingskilss and Internet Usage Levels of Judo Players Competing i̇n Senior Super League. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Karamanoğlu Mehmet Bey University Social Sciences Institute, Karaman, 2019.
20. Brems C, Johnson ME. Problem-Solving Appraisal and Coping Style: The Influence of Sex-Role Orientation and Gender. The Journal of Psychology, 1989: 1232, 187-194.
21. Akaydın FŞ. Examination of the Relationship Between Problem Areas, Problem level, Problem Solving Skills and Help Seeking Behaviors of University Students. Unpublished Master's Thesis. Karadeniz Teknik University, Trabzon, 2002.
22. Heppner PP, Petersen CH. The Development and Implications of a Personal Problem-Solving Inventory. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 1982: 291, 66.
23. Karabulut EO, Emin U & Pulur A. Analyzing Skills of Problem Solving of Physical Education Teacher Candidates from Different Angles Considering Variables. Journal of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, 2009: 33, 272-279.
24. Tavlı O. Examining the Relation Between Problem Solving Abilities and Burnout Levels of High School Teachers. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Yeditepe University, Social Sciences Institute, İstanbul, 2009.
25. Demirtaş H, Dönmez B. Secondary School Teachers’ Perceptions about Their Problem-Solving Abilities. İnönü University, Journal of the Faculty of Education, 2008: 916, 177-198.
26. Bozkulak PB. The Relationship Between Problem Solving Abilities and Anxiety Levels of School Managers. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Maltepe University, Social Sciences Institute, İstanbul, 2010.
27. Kesgin E. The İnvestigation of The Relation Between The Nursery School Teachers' Self Efficiency and The Usage of The Problem Solving Techniqes Example Of Denizli Province.. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Pamukkale University Institute of Social Sciences, Denizli, 2006.
28. Akin S, Güngör İ, Mendi B, Şahin N, Bizat E & Durna Z. Nursing Student’s Problem-Solving Skills and Internal-External Locus of Control. Journal of Education and Research in Nursing, 2007: 42, 30-36.
29. Çolhan MK. The Nurse Manager of Emotional Intelligence Level and Decision-Making Strategies. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Haliç University Health Sciences Institute, İstanbul, 2016.
30. Açık S. Analysis About the Correlation Between the Learning Styles and Problem-Solving Skills of High School Students. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, 2013.
31. Korkut F. Problem Solving Skills of High School Students. Hacettepe University Journal of Education Faculty, 2002, 2323.
32. Erşan EE, Doğan O. The Relationship Between Assertiveness and Aggression Levels with Socio-demographic Features of Physical Education and Sports High School Students. Sport Sciences Congress, Antalya, 2002.
33. Efe M. The Effect of Sports Trainings on Social Efficacy Expectation and Assertiveness at 14-16 Age Group İndividuals. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Uludağ University, Bursa, 2007.
34. Adalı FM. Comparison Between The Socio-demographic Aspect of 14-18 Year old Basketball Players Both Girl and Boy, and The Level Of The Assertiveness Andtrait Anxiety. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Ankara: Gazi University, 2006.
35. Özşaker M & Adsız E. Relationships Between Physical Fitness and The Levels of Assertiveness and Self-esteem in Elite 12 to 14 Years old Basketball Players. Journal of Sports Medicine, 2010: 454, 109-116.
36. Bal Ü. Examination of Self-Esteem and Assertiveness Levels of Nurses and Other Female Healthcare Personnel Working at the Hospital. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Marmara University, Health Sciences Institute, İstanbul, 2003.
37. Balkancı Ö. Determinig Administrators Behaviours Which Cause Stress on Eight Grade Students of Primary School Who Have Different Assertiveness Levels and Students Behaviours to Cope with This Stress. Unpublished Master's Thesis. Beykent University, Social Sciences Institute, İstanbul, 2009.
38. Ayaz Ş. The Study of Self Respect and Audacity Of Nurses. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Marmara University, Health Sciences Institute, İstanbul, 2002.
39. Kırgil F. The Examine The Decision-Making and Assertiveness Levels of Physical Education Teachers and Other Branch Teachers in Terms of Some Variables. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Fırat University, Health Sciences Institute, Elazığ, 2015.
40. Gacar A. Examination of Some of the Variables Levels of Decision-making and Assertiveness, Physical Education and Sports, The Teaching staff in Turkey. Unpublished Doctoral Thesis, Fırat University, Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Elazığ, 2011.
41. Alagül Ö. The Relationship Between Assertiviness and Body İmage of Athletes in Different Sport Branches. Unpublished Master's Thesis. Ege University, Health Sciences Institute, İzmir, 2004.
42. Öztürk F, Koparan Ş, Mehmet EFE. Determination of Problem Solving Skills and Assertiveness Levels of Boxing Coach Candidates. Journal of Uludağ University Education Faculty, 2008: 212, 447-459.